Phillips 66 Product Specialist in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Product Specialist provides key technical support regarding Lubricant product performance and applications to clients’ inquiries.
Responsibilities may include :
- Analyzing and interpreting customer inquiries and provide key technical assistance and support regarding Lubricant product performance and applications. Utilize Hotline and e-mail to receive and respond to inquiries
- Troubleshooting customer issues and recommending corrective actions
- Providing “best practice” advice and recommendations to customers and sales representatives regarding Lubricant product selection and equipment maintenance practices
- Coordinating and / or assist in the analysis and resolution of major complaint investigations in partnership with Technical Service Coordinators
- Reviewing Technical Publications and competitive references and update in-house documentation to ensure accurate specifications
- Providing assistance to Field Lubricant Engineers and Marketer Sales Representatives (MSR’s)
- Documenting and logging calls, emails and responses on internal systems to develop trends.
- Delivering Lubricants related training courses to internal personnel and Marketers as needed.
- Completing individual special projects to support other segments of the organization.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field OR 4 or more years of experience in a technical-related role
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering
- Working knowledge of chemistry
- Conversational in Spanish
- Hands-on mechanical experience including knowledge of industrial gears, pumps, compressors, hydraulic systems and engines
- 1 or more years of experience in customer or client relations
- Working knowledge of Lubricants and related products
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. As one of the largest finished lubricants suppliers in the U.S., Phillips 66 Lubricants is known for manufacturing and marketing high-quality base oils and sophisticated formulations in three lubricant brands: Phillips 66®, Kendall® Motor Oil and Red Line® Synthetic Oil. These premier products reach across every key market sector, including automotive, trucking, agriculture, aviation, power generation, mining and construction. For more information, visit www.Phillips66Lubricants.com .
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $53 billion of assets as of Sept. 30, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of August 21, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 46698
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Bartlesville
Job Field: Quality Management